1632 - The first batch of six French Capuchins arrived at Pondicherry with the French traders.
1634 - The French closed its sea – agency and the Capuchins too leave Pondicherry.
1642 - The second batch of Capuchins arrived at Pondicherry but leave soon.
1673 - The third batch of Capuchins arrived at Pondicherry with the French Settlers.
- François Martin founded the City of Pondicherry.
- He invited officially the French Capuchins the apostolic missionaries of Madras, the city of British to Pondicherry for the spiritual ministry and the missionary activity.
1674 - Fr, Cosmos De Gien founded the Capuchin mission in Pondicherry.
1686 - Frs. Jacques of Bourges, Lawrence of Angouleme and Spiritus of Tours arrived.
- The Capuchins built the First Church of Pondicherry dedicated to St. Peter (Lazer) by the finanicial assistence of Thanappa Mudaliar @ Lazar de Motta a local Christian leader of the Tamil Christian community.
1689 - The French Jesuits’ mission failed in Siam and came to Pondicherry.
1690 - The Capuchins opened the mission stations of Alambarve, Karayampuly, MaraKanam,Cuddalore, Manjakupam and Kadapakam.
1693 - The Dutch captured Pondicherry and expelled the missionaries.
1699 - The missionaries returned.
- Pondicherry Tamil Christian community was constituted as a parish under the diocese of Mylapore. Fr. Jacques de Bourges OFM.Cap was appointed the first Parish Priest of Pondicherry.
- Within few months, the Jesuits were appointed exclusively to the Tamils and The Capuchins became in charge of the Europeans and the Eurasians.
1703 -Francois Marie de Tours went to Rome to present the controversy of Malabar
rites and the rights of the Capuchin missionary work among the Tamils to Propaganda Fide.
1704 - Cardinal Mailard de Tournon the Roman Legate condemned the Malabar rites.
1706 - Pondicherry Capuchins in the mission of Chandernagore, West Bengal.
1709 - The first church of the Capuchins dedicated to Our Lady of the Queen of the Angels was built.
1732 - Fr. Thomas of Poitiers opened a new mission among the tribals near Chittor.
1737 - Karaikal became a mission station of the Pondicherry Capuchins.
1738 - The Capuchin church of the Queen of the Angels became a parish in the diocese of Mylapore.
1750 - Capuchins of Pondicherry in Coastal Andhra.
1776 - Fr. Sebastian of Nevers OFM.Cap, was appointed as the Prefect Apostolic over the Europeans and the Eurasians in Pondicherry.
1792 - French Revolution affected the development of the Capuchin Prefecture.
- Fr. Benedictus of Monterotundo the last Prefect Apostolic of the Capuchin
1811 - The end of Missionary labour of the French Capuchins of the Province of Tours.
- The arrival of the Italian Capuchins in Pondicherry to continue the Mission.
1828 - Apostolic Prefecture of the Capuchins transferred to the Holy Spirit Fathers.
- The end of Capuchin mission in Pondicherry.